Monday, May 4, 2015

Wrap-Up


When we started this project I did not think that I would take much away from it, but it turns out that personalization of the internet and information is becoming more and more common. Being a person who doesn’t surf the web that often or even participates in much social media activities, I have been able to notice a number of changes throughout the semester. The things that I have noticed the most is that advertisements definitely seem to follow you, I noticed this most with the screenshots that  we took. Much of the information for the search terms look and for the most part was the same beside the difference in current events, but the advertisements for the online transaction I made  and other products that I looked up seem to stick with my avatar. The other change throughout the semester was the types of political accounts that would appear on my twitter and other news feeds and points of views on topics. At first my avatar didn’t have a political preference until I start retweeting things on twitter and facebook (before I was kicked out) but the views tended to follow into the screen shots, such as after the second time I searched Russia the new involved discussions with Obama, and I think that this is occurring due to the increased number of time I searched Barak Obama and Democratic Party. In the end I think the personalization of the internet has not moved to far from its original roots; product placement and advertising to the correct people; not including social media that is personalization on a whole other level. Social Media's personalization is instantaneous, or in other words as soon as you like, retweet or pin something you will be able to see changes right away and sometimes dramatically in your news feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment